For this month’s picks, I included some great reads about careers and corporate culture—two topics that, I believe, should be interesting to any curious marketer.
- Why You Should Have (at Least) Two Careers – “When you follow your curiosities, you will bring passion to your new careers, which will leave you more fulfilled. And by doing more than one job, you may end up doing all of them better.”
- You Need to Work on Your Writing – If you work in marketing, you need to work on our writing—even if you’re not a content marketer.
- The Power of Pride at Facebook – “When we feel connected to something bigger than ourselves, we bring more of ourselves to work.”
- The Next “Serial” Might be a Podcast from Tinder or Spotify – Is podcast the next big thing in content marketing? eBay, Spotify and Tinder, Inc. seem to think so.
- LinkedIn’s CMO on Being a Marketing Boss with a “PR DNA” – You don’t need to know everything to become a marketing leader. You do, however, need to work on your leadership skills.
- What’s causing the retail apocalypse, and what companies can do about it